RESEARCH PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
Please refer to the article submission from the beginning of the course to complete the research
paper. Please follow and format your paper accordingly.
In the beginning of this course, you submitted a scholarly, peer-reviewed article for approval.
For this research paper, you will discuss the importance of that article in regards to
organizational behavior while using the problem-solving, integrative framework learned in
Chapter 1. With your organizational problem, provide the following information:
1. Brief summary of the organization.
2. Synopsis of the organizational challenges (Step 1 on the problem-solving approach)
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ What is the major overriding issue?
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Provide the facts and examples to support the explanation of the problem.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Discuss key issues that merit the discussion.
3. Who are the various individuals and what part do they play? (Step 2 on the
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ What challenges, threats, or opportunities do they pose?
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Explain the role of leadership in the situation.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Provide any environmental issues that should be considered.
As you discuss these areas to address the first portion of the problem-solving framework, provide
examples and research to support your discussion.
Now that you have laid the foundation of the problem, explain how the theory you researched
applies. Provide in depth analysis with your article as the main evidence.
1. Explain the authorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s current view on the chosen organizational theory and how it
relates to your problem.
2. Provide key indicators that the author applies from theory to the concept in
3. Discuss what you believe are the most relevant portions of the article that tie the
theory and concepts with your organizational issue to create an explanation for the
problem. In other words, if you had to explain the organizational issue to someone,
how would you relate it to what the author has stated?
The final process (Step 3) in the problem-solving framework is recommendations. Based on your
research, use this final step to provide recommendation plans for the problem. Do you want to
resolve, solve, or dissolve the problem? Consider the consequences as well for the plan of action
in your recommendation. Use well-thought-out ideas and research to support your plan. Describe
where you see your personality style fitting into your recommendation for the organization to
make your plan work, to tie in the previous papers. Apply what you have learned through
Scripture, describing how the Lord can utilize your strengths to implement the recommendation
Page 1 of 2
1. Use proper, current APA format for every element of the paper. Be sure to include the
APA-formatted cover page, abstract, and reference page. Refer to your APA manual
for help or this site for assistance:
2. Write in first personÃ¢â‚¬â€this is allowed due to the personal nature of the assignment.
3. To facilitate the instructorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s grading of these assignments, you must have major
headings for Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3. Additionally, under the major headings, you
must have subheadings as you see fit for the outlined instructions.
4. The exact number of paragraphs that you include in each section is your decision;
your instructor will not be grading you on how many paragraphs you used per
section, but rather the extent to which you specifically addressed each of the areas
5. The 8Ã¢â‚¬â€œ10 required pages do not include the title page, abstract page, or reference
page. Those must be counted as additional pages.
6. Be sure to double-space, using Times New Roman 12-point font only, use 1-inch
margins, and avoid bold font (except for headlines, per current APA format),
underlining, and contractions.
7. The reference page must include a minimum of the 5 following references in current
APA format (all sources must be evident within the paper):
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ The approved article for research
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Both of the course textbook(s)
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 2 other scholarly sources from a peer-reviewed journal
Note: For further questions regarding current APA format, visit Liberty UniversityÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Online
Submit the Research Paper to the appropriately labeled SafeAssign link first to review your
percentage of originality. Then submit the Research Paper to the appropriate link for grading by
11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the assigned module/week.
Page 2 of 2
Research Paper Tips-BMAL 500
Please use the Word file Research Paper instructions from the course content link so you can
follow along with these important notes. As with any assignment, please review the instructions
and the rubric carefully.
Here are a few helpful tips on writing your research paper:
1. You are required to use the same approved topic you submitted in week 1. Faculty
will check that the same topic is used in the paper to ensure you have researched the
approved article/topic. Remember that week 1 article submission was a 0/0 points
because the submission goes into the research paper points. Failure to submit a topic
for approval by week 3 results in a zero score for the week 7 paper. The purpose is to
research the topic throughout the course.
2. Ensure you apply the topic to a specific organization as you noted in your article
summary. Often, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s easy to get caught up in the topic itself, you can forget to apply
3. Do not forget to utilize the problem-solving framework. Your DB assignments have helped you
in applying and writing this with various case studies so now you get to apply it with your
specific article/topic. Remember the steps and include this as part of your solution.
Formatting your paper
1. The instructions are very specific on how to format your paper. Please ensure you read this
portion carefully. Remember that the length does not include the title, abstract, or
Purchase answer to see full