QUIZ over reading wks 1 and 2
Chs-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 10
Open book quiz.
Answer as needed, True/false or select from multiple choice answers.
Quiz due Monday week 4 by 11:00 PM your time
1. ____________________Why is it important that Interior Design be seen, perceived, and defined
as a profession with ethics and standards?
a. Business is becoming increasingly complex and litigious.
b. Part of being an acknowledged profession is to have a set of ethical standards.
c. Interior Design is so structurally focused as Architecture is.
d. Interior Design includes decoration but goes far beyond and must consider health, safety, and
e. All but c.
2. _____________________True or FalseThe ASID and IIDA ethics codes state that Designers should acknowledge to clients all forms of
3. _____________________Negligence isa.
Under the criminal code.
An unintentional mistake of omission or commission.
Not something to be concerned about as a designer.
4. _____________________Which is true of proving negligence?
Prove there was a breach of duty.
Prove there was actually a duty on the designer to do the thing
Prove proximate cause
Assumed risk does not matter or make a difference
Proving damage or harm is not necessary
5. _____________________â€The Scope of Servicesâ€
a. Can be defined very loosely at first.
b. Does not affect billing rate or fees.
c. Is important to define clearly when calculating fees.
d. Is not important residentially as they usually charge by mark up.
6. _____________________Scope Creep- (What is true about scope creep?)
a. There is nothing you can do about it.
b. Can be handled in part by statements in the contract.
c. Is all part of the original scope of services.
d. Is uncommon and seldom something to be dealt with.
7. _____________________Match the term with the meaning-(Put letter of term in matching
__________Sell to designers or people in design only
__________Reps for the manufacture of a product
To the trade
__________Buy in Bulk and sell to designers
__________Business that reps products from various
8. _____________________The Contractor and Construction supervisor : (mark all which apply)
a. must have a license in some states, so a designer must check state regulations to see what they
need to do that job.
b. Anyone in any state can call themselves a contractor and state that they will supervise
c. Contractors hire subcontractors and do the communication with them.
d. Who can do what is determined by state codes or laws.
9. ______________________True or false- Jobs in the Interior Design profession most likely
require some form of selling and selling skills.
10. ______________________Which of the following are true in the design business areaa.
If not licensed, the person is not responsible for legal matters.
Need a resale license to sell and collect state sales taxes.
The Uniform Law specifies a designerâ€™s obligations as far as the sale of goods is concerned
Strict Liability law is regardless if the person at fault.
The only contract a designer makes is between designer and client.
1, 4, and 5
2, 3, 4
Purchase answer to see full