Writing 3: Evaluate a Ted.com speaker
Navigate to Ted.com
Research and watch a speech of your choice about a topic you are passionate.
The speech must be 20 minutes or more in length.
Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1 paragraph=six to 10 (6-10) complete sentences using the Conventions of American
1. What is the name of the speaker?
2. What are the speakerâ€™s credentials (educational or career background)? You must research
the personâ€™s name and information.
3. Who would this speech most likely benefit? (Describe the demographics/audience analysis).
4. What is the title of the video?
5. What is the topic of the video?
6. What is the URL for the video?
7. How many minutes is the speech?
8. Summarize the video in three (3) paragraphs or more the content of the speech.
9. Did the speech keep your attention? Explain in 1 paragraph or more.
10. Why did you select this speech? (1 paragraph)
11. What are strengths in the speakerâ€™s presentation? (Explain in 2 paragraphs or more using
vocabulary from the textbook).
12. How could the speaker improve? (Explain in 2 paragraphs or more using vocabulary from
13. What non-verbal communication did the speaker demonstrate during the speech? (Explain in
2 paragraphs or more using vocabulary from the textbook)
14. What advice would you give the speaker about the presentation? (Explain in 2 paragraphs or
more using vocabulary from the textbook)
15. Is the speech informational or persuasive?
16. How is the speech organized (select one)?
Writing 7 Interpersonal Relationships and Communication
Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 discuss interpersonal communication and interpersonal relationships.
Family, friends, co-workers, acquaintances, intimates are defined as being dependent upon
disclosure and trust. Our family has a tremendous impact on self-perception and societal view.
Watch the following video, â€œThat Korean Grandma Kinda Loveâ€
THAT KOREAN GRANDMA KIND OF LOVE í• ë¨¸ë‹ˆëž‘ ì¦ì¡°í• ë¨¸ë‹ˆ ë§Œë‚˜ì¨ìš”
User: n/a – Added: 6/7/17
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7ONGNfUdw
Compare in 5 paragraphs or more (6-10 sentences each paragraph) how you think your family
would react to a baby, how are babies received/welcomed in your culture. Discuss any takeaways
(surprises, interesting thoughts) you have after watching the video. Discuss how the family
members interact with each other including haptics, proxemics, eye contact, tone of voice and how
the relationship is different or similar to your family.
Rubric (as posted in the Syllabus and in the Course):
Times New Roman font size 12
APA format including cover page, in-text citations and a reference page
Three to Five (3-5) pages or more (not including the cover page and reference page)
The content must answer the questions and research must be exhibited in an organized format as
per the Miami Dade College Gordon Rule Rubric
The writing should be free of capitalization, grammatical errors (subject verb agreement deficits)
and punctuation errors and should exhibit at a minimum collegiate level writing at a satisfactory
level as per the Miami Dade College Gordon Rule Rubric.
Purchase answer to see full