Week One Assignment
Impact of Electronic Record Keeping in the Success of a Business.
Record keeping is a crucial element in business transactions. Businesses depend on their
past and current data to forecast the future and prepare a plan that will ensure their continued
success. Well, electronic record keeping comes in handy to ensure the success of businesses. It is
more accurate, enhances privacy and security, and allows business owners to improve their
productivity while savoring work-life balance. Nonetheless, electronic record keeping will
enable businesses to relish quick data entry away from the tiring manual recording. Software
such as Sage 50, Bookkeeper, TurboCASH, and QuickBooks provides a new dimension in
business record keeping (Oladele, 2014). The 21st century has seen many businesses adopt
technological advancements made to help in their success. Using electronic record keeping is a
sure way of realizing the goals and objectives of a business. Records are safe, and retrieval is
quick and easy. Electronic record keeping is the way to go!
Oladele, F. (2014). Record Keeping To Book Keeping To E-Records: What Next? IOSR Journal
Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), 19(7), 120-124.
Project Name: Implementing the electronic health record system
Hardware and software purchase
Installation of software
Completion of tests
Estimated Completion Date
August 4th 2022
August 10th 2022
August 20th 2022
August 26th 2022.
Project Title: Upgrading the Electronic Health Record System
Project Start Date: August 10th 2022
Projected Finish Date: August 28th 2022.
Budget Information: The institution has allocated $3 million for this project. Any
further funds required for the success of the project is available.
Project Manager: Sam
The Electronic Health Record system improves the quality of healthcare by reducing
medial errors. This charter is a crucial segment of the project and the initial stages
towards ensuring the prowess in healthcare.
The software must be easy to use, has security features and allows for quick retrieval of a
1. Upgrade the IT inventory database to know the current needs.
2. Scrutinize the security features in the current programs and identify the needs.
3. Develop a cost-estimate to know the extent of the needs.
4. Issue a request for quote to obtain hardware and software.
5. Use both external and internal staff for analysis and installation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Keep count of
all the finances.
Comments: (Handwritten or typed comments from above stakeholders, if applicable)
â€œThis project must be done within 1 month,â€ Polycarp Taylor, CEO
â€œWe are expecting all finances to be available for the project to succeed,â€ Bill Kuria,
Scope Statement (Version xx)
Project Title: Implementing the electronic health record system
Date: August 14, 2022, Prepared by: Project Justification:
The electronic Health record system is key to healthcare transformation. It allows for
patent-centered care where data privacy and confidentiality are crucial to healthcare.
Again, time costs are reduced, and patients are served quickly. Health history is also
Product Characteristics and Requirements:
1. Contain patientâ€™s medical history; past diagnoses, medications and treatment
2. Security- data privacy and confidentiality.
3. Access to evidence-based tools- allow health practitioners to make informed
4. Reporting and population health- population health easily deduced and
necessary measures taken to curb pandemics.
Product User Acceptance Criteria:
The ultimate goal to complete this project within five months and ensure all deliverables
are met. The software must be user friendly and keen on ensuring data privacy to all
Summary of Project Deliverables
Project management-related deliverables: business case, charter, team contract, scope
statement, WBS, schedule, cost baseline, status reports, final project presentation, final
project report, lessons-learned report, and any other documents required to manage the
Product-related deliverables: research reports, design documents, software code,
1. Survey: survey the systems used in hospitals and provide the best cause of action.
2. Design documents; collect all relevant documents that give information on the
product including the features, detail and project deadlines.
3. Research reports; provide information on existing gaps and recommendations.
4. Example applications of tools. The project will provide examples of best software
Purchase answer to see full